Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You might get offended!

“The truth hurts.”

Palagi ko yang naririnig. Tama nga naman. It hurts most of the time. When my family tell me that I am ‘nana’ meaning a weakling, I am a bit hurt. But it is true. I often complain doing things na sa tingin ko eh beyond my capacity to bear. I know it is true. I am ‘nana.’ And it hurts to hear it from others.

What hurts me, I don’t speak to myself. It is normal. It is called defense mechanism. And words that hurt me, I don’t take it in. I reject it. I close my ears and my heart to it.

Hindi lang dahil ma-ooffend ako, kundi once I accept that truth, lalo na kung negative, I will have to change it. Attitude man o gestures or words, it will mean change.

“Ayaw kong magbago. Mahirap magbago. Eto na yung kinalakihan ko. Just leave me be.”

So ang tendency ko is to harden my heart to words that hurt me, or scare me, or make me guilty. I don’t listen. I reject offending messages completely.

Kaso, I realized that most of the time, the words that hurt me are the things that will save me for they are the truth.

If people tell me that I am lalanta-lanta, the right thing to do is to listen and to reflect. Hindi ko sinasabing to accept right away whatever people throw at you. It is bad not to listen. It is also bad to accept right away.

A friend told me that he sees me as a cross-breed. I have an idea what it means. It hurts to hear it especially from a friend who played an important role in my life but, I had to listen and reflect. I know this is the truth. I know myself. So I asked God His say on this. Kasi now are the times that I should be basing my judgment not on what people or even myself say about me but only on God.

God knows the meaning of what was told of me. And He told me a wonderful thing…

“I never created cross-breed species nor will I tolerate it. ”

If I did not think thoroughly on God’s reply, I might even get more offended. But my spirit tells me He means He is going to change me to the young man that He wants me to be.

I was hoping He deny that I am a cross-breed. But rather He said I am not meant to be that. I am happy to have a God who does not see me in my current state but in my changed and improved state.

Then after this, I did not consider it offensive any more. In my heart, I forgave my friends. And it feels sort of light. (breathes)

I could have defended myself in that situation. But I was open. I listened. I learned. This is why I love God’s judgments. He judges me because He loves me.

Many of us reject the truth or even just listen to it because we don’t want to get offended; we don’t want to change. We love our ways. We love our philosophies in life. We stick to our subjective truths like a leech.

Or we are not open to the truth because the philosophies in our life make us feel that we “belong” or we are “in” or this is the “modern way.” We love what we do on earth. Why bother us?

People seek for the truth, but the truth that they like. If they do not like the truth, they reject it or close their hearts from it.

A hardened heart is an issue of pride, the deadliest of all sins.

Check out this verse from the bible:

2 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:12-13

That is why the truth hurts. The Word of God is the truth. And the truth will hurt. Not always but most of the time. But the truth will save me…will save you. There is only one truth, and that is the word of God.

When people judge you, listen to them, and bring this to God. Ask Him, Lord, what is your say on this? Is this the truth? Or just an enemy attempt to confuse and condemn me?

That is why this is the continuation of the verse:

14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16

The truth is not subjective. Whether you believe or not, it is your choice. The truth of God will always remain as such.

If you don’t believe in demons and bad spirits, it is your choice. They exist whether you believe on them or not. They like it when you don’t believe because they can easily drag you to their traps.

If you don’t believe that there’s hell, a fiery place where unrepentant sinners go when they die, it is your choice. Those who did not receive Jesus Christ as His Lord and Savior and repented of their sins go there whether they had believed or not.

If you don’t believe that Jesus will come as soon as the next minute or tomorrow, it’s your choice. He will come anytime now whether you have prepared or not. It’s probably because you still have a dream that you want to reach. You have a business that you want to grow. You have a party that you want to attend. You have a gadget in mind that you want to have. If you are one of this, then you are one of who Jesus is talking about.

24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day. 25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. 26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; 29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed. Luke 17:24-30

These are the truths presented to you now. I did not make it up. It is all written in the Bible, our source of truth. You may argue that bible translations are different. However, we, Christians, do not read it by context, but by the spirit. And those who read them by the spirit will have a unified understanding of the truth.

Christianity is divided. The church is divided. That is the truth that hurts. Do you think the Lord is happy with this? He is not of course. Division in the church is caused by Christians seeking the truth about God that they only accept. Things in the bible that offend them, they don’t want to preach or live by.

The Lord Jesus clearly said, He is the only way, the truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through Him. And yet we have Mary and other saints. We pray to them, making them intercede for our salvation. Why? Because we find it hard to be holy ourselves. And we rely on their holiness. Believe it or not, people who do this are called an idolater. No idolater will enter heaven.

Show me a verse in the bible that says Mary was raised to heaven. Show me a verse in the bible that says she was crowned queen of heaven and earth. Show me a verse in the bible that commands us to pray the rosary. Does God have a mother in the beginning? Do you think in the heaven, Jesus and Mary have the same relationship as they had on earth?

It is offensive, right? Religion blinds. If we don’t read the Bible, we can be blinded by man doctrine.

Here is when you see if you are open-hearted or hard-hearted. Who do you believe? The Bible? Or the priests who are also human like you? If you say that the Bible is also written by man, yes it is but in the inspiration of the Holy Spirit of God. And no matter how you look at the bible, it is stable, unchanging.

The Word never changes, whether you believe or not.

How about other religions? Does that mean they are false? Yes. It is only in the name of Jesus will a soul find salvation. How about modern age spirit things? Are they not of God? Without Jesus, there is no salvation.

Guys, have God judge you while you are alive. Receive His loving judgments. You have to care where you spend the rest of your eternity. If not, that again is your choice.

Right now, He is telling me that I have not fully surrendered to Him. There are areas in my life where I have not given up to Him. It hurts because I thought I already gave everything. But I listen and I seek His help to help me surrender all of myself to Him.

He is also telling me that I am not bold of the Word of God. That I am still afraid that people get offended of my messages. I know this is the truth, and I receive it with an open heart. I seek His help to make me bold when I speak or preach.

These things I did not want to hear. But I rather be judged while I am alive, while I can still receive His mercy and forgiveness than to be judged when I am dead where there is no hope for forgiveness.

Have an open heart to your God. Ask God to judge you now.

And lastly, have an open heart to His messages and His prophets. Many people do not believe that Jesus have shown Himself to them. The messages are always the same. Repent. Surrender, For HE IS COMING.

So, test how open your heart is. Read this. Ask God if this is true. Always do this with every prophetic material that you read. This might be true to you or not, your choice anyway.

Choose to be offended now by judgment from God than later when there is no more hope.

Abba,

I bless the reader with an open mind and an open heart. I pray that they let go of their worldly philosophies and make your truth, the only truth, their truth. Open their hearts, Father. Let your Holy Spirit rush towards them.

In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. This is a very incisive piece, Ryan. I learned from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Ms G. I miss you na hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, your boldness to tell the truth of God is unnerving. You drove conviction into my innermost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for reading ms. yay. God told me that I am also hard-hearted to some areas of my life hahaha!

    ReplyDelete