Sunday, May 8, 2011

Simple Small

Ever since I decided to surrender my life to Jesus, I started desiring for a simple life. And yeah, it means I have been living a pretty much complicated life.

Part of being simple is being faithful. Pa’no ka’mo?

Because of my pride, I wanted to accomplish big things and get respected for these big things. This was how the world taught me to think. Think big so that you will be big. This misinterpreted worldly proverb boosted my pride to the point of despising small things.

Now I realize, because of this thinking, I am incapable of accomplishing small things. What a pity! I started envying people who are faithful to the little tasks assigned to them. These are people who just want the job done. And I ask God to restore to me a heart just like that.

Honestly, I am choosy with the things I do. If it is too small for me, I will either not choose to do it or not put my heart while doing it (complain). I have lost the sense of responsibility in doing small things because as I thought before, they are too small to be significant.

Kung baga, what’s the point of doing small things if you believe you are capable of doing big things? And yet, what big thing have I done so far? Think big pala, so how big have I gotten? Not even close to small.

Then God taught His way, or His proverb – the real wisdom. He is teaching me now that small things can make the biggest difference, just like in the times of great men and women of God.

When the Red Sea was divided, it wasn’t Moses who made the miracle. It was God. But Moses became faithful to the little and small thing asked of him to do – to raise the staff. If you will read the story again, you will find out that what Moses did are small directives that made the biggest and most miraculous differences.

And in our everyday lives, God wants us to do small thing for Him. Now if I despise small things, how can God trust me with big things? God can wake me up in the middle of my sleep and tell me to pray for your brother so-and-so. I would normally ignore because, man, I’m sleeping. Don’t disturb. Hahaha! And besides, I can pray for Him when I wake up.

But, when you wake up, you find out that that brother is not feeling well and a chance of him becoming well through my prayers was gone. Sayang! Knowing that a miracle could have happened through my obedience did not happen because I missed it, sobrang sayang!

The key to a simple Christian life is to listen, obey and trust out of love for Jehovah. No matter how small the directive might be, it can make the biggest difference you will ever see. And this lesson is being taught to me by God in my everyday life. Listen and obey.

Be faithful in accomplishing small things. I believe that for God, a small directive obeyed is just equal to a big phenomenal legendary thing obeyed because the miracle still lies on God.

Remember that when God created Adam and Eve, He gave them the authority over earth. And until now, God is bound by His words. The authority is still in men. But men handed it over to the devil. Without authority, God cannot move in the lives of the people. Believe me, God wants your sick relative healed ASAP. But He is looking for people who will give Him back the authority to move in this realm. These are people who will listen, obey and trust Him.

Every day, small directives will be given. Obedience gives Him a legal right to manifest Himself to those who ask for providence, healing and restoration, etc. He might ask you to touch your friend on the head. As simple as that! No questions asked. But He will tell you why He asked you to do it.

I want a heart like this – a heart to be faithful in doing small things may it be in my job or in my house or with God.

This, for me, is being simple. Doing what I am supposed to do – small or big. Finishing them in time and exceeding expectations. Being contented with what I have, not desiring for more than what I need. Seeing the world in simplicity, and by doing so, I will be able to see the way God sees all people –no bias, no judgment, everyone equal. Being true to myself and to everyone.

Honestly, these things are hard to learn and live by. But who knows, I might receive a simple heart from God by doing faithfully this small thing – learning how to be faithful in doing small things. And like a small seed planted on the ground, it will grow big no matter what.

Through you, I can do anything!

I can do smALL things.

Coz it’s You who gives me strength

Nothing is impossible!

Through You, blind eyes are opened,

Strongholds are broken,

I am livin by faith,

Nothing is impossible!

Tententenenenen! Yeah! Haha! (Nothing is impossible by planetshakers)

Abba Father, my great Adonai,

Thank you for teaching me the importance of doing small things. Thank you that you do not leave me to live my life in pride. Thank you that every day, you are humbling me and teaching how to live a simple life. You are amazing, my Lord. These things I do not learn in college, in office, not even in bible school. Thank you for the Holy Spirit who is my only Teacher.

Your Holy Spirit is my best friend. Thank you so much. I will be waiting for that simple heart, my Lord.

In Jesus’ Name. amen!

Think big. Don’t act big.

No comments:

Post a Comment