Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Something For Those Who Believe 6

Something For Those Who Believe 6

How can I ever forget an important thing for a Christian in order to seek the real God?

“Missing Key: Acknowledging God through the person of the Holy Spirit”

The real God is a spirit. He operates in the spiritual realm. If you believe in God, it means you believe in spirits. Spirits exist whether we believe or not. Just like God, He exists whether people believe in His existence or not. The earth is too well-planned, well-organized, and well-arranged for us to say there is no creator.

As Christians, we know that God has three personas: Father, Jesus, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Son became man and when He became man, He really did become fully human. He took off His Godly form and dwelt among human beings without the omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent abilities that he had.

Jesus was a man and had the attributes of a man. He had no super powers or whatever. Just like who we are now, Jesus was just an ordinary human back then. He was tempted the way men are being tempted. He was tempted to compromise His ways with the world just like we did. But He did not sin. He did not give in to sin.

“So ibig sabihin, hindi siya yung may gawa nung mga miracles na nakasulat sa bible?”

No. It wasn’t Him. He can’t nga eh, kasi tao lang siya. It was the Holy Spirit’s power that enabled Jesus as a man to heal the sick, cast away demons and raise the dead back to life.

When He was baptized in the Jordan River, the Father said in a thunderous voice “this is my beloved son of whom I am very pleased.” Then the Spirit of God descended like a dove and rested on Jesus. The Holy Spirit is not a dove. It just descended like a dove.

Even Jesus needed to be baptized by the Holy Spirit before He can start His ministry. Everything that Jesus did in His ministry is not of Himself. He said that He just do what He sees His Father do in heaven. How can He see His Father? Through the power of the Holy Spirit. He just follow the directive that the Holy Spirit is giving Him and miracles take place. He just listened and obeyed. Kaya kung mapapansin mo, walang isang formula si Lord pag-nagpapagaling. God has no formulas. He created new things in new ways that will keep ordinary human like us in awe.

And when Jesus ascended to heaven, He sent us the very same One who helped Him in His ministry, the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit came upon them in the form of a tongue of fire, they started speaking in unknown language which is a sign that the Holy Spirit resided in them.

Holy Spirit is God. He is God’s power. Holy Spirit and Jesus are one. Holy Spirit is the Jesus and the Abba Father inside me and you. He has made our bodies His own temple. The power that raised Jesus from the dead is the very same power that lives in us.

The Holy Spirit is what made Real Christianity above all other religions.

Totoo na other religions that we know believes in peace and harmony and prosperity. Some religions are even very close to the words that the Bible presents. Love one another as you love yourself. Make peace to others. Love your enemies. Do not grieve one another.

The bible talks of the same things. Jesus talks of the same things. But the difference in Real Christianity is that these things we do not learn by human knowledge because in times when we need to do them, we do not do them. We are easily compromised with this world. I am easily compromised with my environment.

But, as a Christian, these lessons that Jesus taught, I do not learn by my knowledge but by the power of the Holy Spirit in me. With the power of the Holy Spirit, I can resist temptation. I can do the right thing even though everybody seems to do the opposite. Tama yung kasabihan na “mahirap magpakabait.” Kasi we are naturally mean. We are naturally bad. We are naturally sinners. It’s so easy to sin. But it’s hard to be good and stand up for the right thing.

It takes POWER to do the good thing. It takes POWER to love the unlovable. It takes POWER to look to the left when there is temptation on the right. It takes POWER to boldly speak the gospel. It takes POWER to witness. It takes POWER to talk about Jesus. This is why the Holy Spirit was given to us. He is the provider of strength and POWER to live a holy life and to resist compromises to this world.

When we begin to acknowledge the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives, He will become more active in our everyday living. A simple “good AM, Holy Spirit! Wazzup” will make Him happy. The Holy Spirit is God alive inside of us. He is not dead. If you ask the Holy Spirit a question, He will answer. He is there, residing in you. When you made Jesus the Lord and Savior of your life, the Holy Spirit takes residence in your innermost being.

The Holy Spirit is very delicate and sensitive. He is easily hurt, easily offended. On the other hand, madali siyang pasayahin, madali siyang patawanin. He just wants us to establish interaction with Him so that He can manifest His power in our lives.

Although our spirit-man and the Holy Spirit are different, these two are the ones who usually hang out together. The Spirit of the Lord communicates with our spirit-man since He has sealed it when we got born again. It is through our spirit-man that we hear the still, small voice of the Spirit.

Holy Spirit is also the Spirit of Wisdom and Insight. When Christians realize the advantage of having the Holy Spirit, they will begin to acknowledge His presence more. Christians who are sensitive to God’s Spirit are in better place than rich and famous people who rely on their own understanding. The Holy Spirit will speak to us in all areas of our life. All the details of our life, the Holy Spirit has a say.

When we are driving a car, He can suddenly say that we turn right instead of our planned way which is the left side. He can tell us to wear blue shirt tomorrow. He can tell us what is going on in a person’s life not for chismis purposes but to reach out to the troubled person. He can tell us to pray for a certain person out of the blue. He can tell us if it is a good business deal or not. He can tell us danger coming. He knows the future after all.

Di ba meron tayong kasabihan na ‘trust your instincts.’ O kaya naman ‘trust your heart.” When you are in doubt, trust your instinct or trust your heart. The Holy Spirit is like that. He is that! Believers or unbelievers, He speaks to everyone. He speaks to me when I was not saved yet.

Anyway, one time, when I woke up, I heard the Holy Spirit spoke, “umalis ka ng 5:30 Am ngayon.” I usually leave at 6 AM in the morning. So I obeyed that voice and reached our office very early. Nag 9 o’clock na, wala parin masyadong tao sa opisina. Medyo mga 9:30-ish na sila nakapasok. I asked one of them why they were late. Sabi nagkaron dawn ng fire drill sa MRT. And it took so much of their time kaya sila na-late.

Thank God for the Holy Spirit. He is truly a good helper. The Holy Spirit is also our Comforter. When we are sad, we invite His presence and just complain to Him or tell the Spirit our deepest feelings. After that, He gives us comforting words, or rebuke and we will feel okay. I experience this a lot of times. When I just feel complaining, or sad or angry, I just speak to the Holy Spirit. Although my problems are not automatically fixed, but my inner man is fixed. Hindi natin mareresolba ang problema sa labas kung sa loob natin, magulo parin dahil sa mga mixed emotions and worries.

Without the Holy Spirit, Christianity is just another religion. Religion acknowledges that there is a Higher Being but denies the power that is at work. Being a catholic before, I just do things out of tradition without knowing the real meaning or the spirituality of what we do like Holy Communion, Reconciliation, etc. But now that the Holy Spirit resides in me, He gives me the spiritual effect of having the Holy Communion. He gives me the advantage of doing this, that there is POWER in the Holy Communion that can heal a person when done right and can damage a person when done wrong.

Have you ever heard of Pentecostal churches where people there speak in an unknown language? In El Shaddai services, Bro. Mike speaks in unknown language. This is the very manifestation of the Holy Spirit. This is called speaking in tongues. When we speak in tongues, we pray in the language that only the heavenly Father understands, or a foreign language. It is a perfect prayer.

Speaking in tongues is one of the way we acknowledge the Holy Spirit in our lives. We let Him direct the words that we are to speak. We give Him the liberty to control our tongue when praying to God. Be careful that you do not critic or you do not say anything bad when you hear Christians speaking in tongues. You might be committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit which we all know as the only unforgivable sin.

Sadly, some Christians do not believe in it at all. Either they find it weird or they are too rational to think that it does something powerfully. For them, it’s just useless. It doesn’t make sense. Our brains wouldn’t know the context of prayers in tongue. But if you rely on your own understanding of the physical world, you will never experience the supernatural God.

Guys, we should keep in mind that our God is a supernatural God. We, humans, are not supernatural. We cannot fathom God. We cannot predict God nor can we predict the time He has set for the judgment day. We cannot understand His ways for His ways are very high from ours. Most of the time, God supernaturally manifests through non-sense directives. Ang pinapagana dito is surrender and trust. Katulad ng example ko. I do not know why God wants me to leave at 5:30 AM. Napaka-aga kaya nun. 9 pa ang office ko. But when I obeyed, I was spared from the fire drill.

Speaking in tongues does not make sense. But trust that these supernatural prayers will be of use to you in the future. It is a gift that God is willing to give to people who desire for it and for people who are open to it.

The Holy Spirit is a gift from God. Para sa akin, the Holy Spirit is my prized possession. I renounced that my anime cds are my treasures. Not anymore. When I needed help, those anime cds did not help me. It was God who did. It was the Holy Spirit who responded to my call. He is very precious to me.

It is His responsibility to sanctify me and make me holy. I will not do it on my own because I cannot. And now, I am praying that I be taught how to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit. If I want to see the real God who is a spirit, I need the Holy Spirit in my everyday life. Ayoko na ng pachamba-chamba na naririning ko siya ng tama. Kasi minsan kala ko si Holy Spirit, yun pala sarili ko lang or the enemy.

I want to hear from the Spirit of the Lord everyday so that I can do what He wants me to do and someday, He might be able to use me to bring His power to the people who need them now.

My desire is to be intimate with Jesus and it is through the Spirit of Jesus that I can give a deep God-love to my Lord.

Right now, if you are alone in your room. I want you to invite God’s presence and say this out.

Abba Father,

Thank you for the Holy Spirit. What a precious gift He is to us…..to me. Lord Jesus, I ask you to baptize me with the Holy Spirit now. Baptize me with His blazing fire. Let your Spirit reside in me. Let your Spirit consume me and help me die to myself everyday. I pray that you give me the gift of speaking in tongues so that I can pray in Spirit and in truth. Control me, Holy Spirit. Thank you Father, thank you Jesus, thank you Holy Spirit.

In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan, thanks so much for reminding me that on our own and apart from God, we can't change. You write with such conviction and I believe the Father is honored by your faith and your heart of obedience. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reading ms yay. I am just documenting how He is changing my life hoping that the few readers might seek God more and more. God's favor is on you! =3

    ReplyDelete