Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I am a spirit!

Recently, binigyan ako ni Lord ng revelation about walking or living according to the spirit.

This week lang when I started complaining to God. I felt lonely, strangled and immobilized. Lonely kasi I sort of don't do the same stuff that I used to enjoy doing. Strangled dahil I am mingling with people who have low regard for the laws of God. Immobilized because I felt no progress in my physical and spiritual life.

May mga specific things pa behind these three things pero those were what I felt last Sunday. I was irritable and completely unappreciative to the point na I had a bad sleep (not to mention my new room is completely humid). I complained to God. Sinabi ko sa kanya lahat ng nararamdaman ko.

Then God spoke to me. Not in an audible voice but the Holy Spirit voice speaking through my mouth. He told me that the problem roots from within me. Before I can fix the outside, He told me I needed to fix the inside. I was unstable and very shaky. I had fears that hinders progress.

Sinabi sakin ni Lord na I see myself as someone I do not want to be. I judge myself as that because that is me (attitude, choice of words, behavior, things about me). I know myself. I'm just being honest.

And I am afraid that people might see me as I see myself. So I work hard to please men. The bible says fear of man is a snare. That made sense regarding my immobility issue. And basing my identity on the opinion of others is not a good foundation at all. It is shaky. I am tossed to and fro by my experiences. Most shockingly, basing my identity on my own judgment of myself is worse.

The Lord told me that the problem is a weak foundation of my identity, of who I really am. I know that I am one with Christ, but until then, I did not know a deeper meaning in to it.

God told me that this is the meaning of living carnally, or to be carnally-minded or living according to flesh. It means the very foundation of my identity is based on how I see myself (that is my behavior, my speech, my emotions and decisions). I judge and make decisions based only on my physical senses. This is living carnally. Siempre included na dito ang making decisions based on lust. Carnal nga e. Fleshly.

Then He gave me a revelation of what living according to the spirit really means. First is to know and believe that we are three parts: spirit, soul and body. When I got born again, it was my spirit that was sealed with the Holy Spirit. My soul which is mind, will and emotion, and my fleshly body are still in the process of being saved or holy.

My own spirit is already holy, righteous, faithful, loved and treasured by God. My spirit is identical with the Lord Jesus’ spirit. His identity is my identity. This is the real meaning of oneness with Him. It is not in the flesh nor in the soul that we are united with God, but in the spirit. The Holy Spirit directly communicates with my own spirit. My spirit belongs to God.

The Lord reminded me that the flesh has nothing to do with the spirit. Kung baga, they are different creatures.

We can choose to identify ourselves in the flesh or in the spirit. I have been identifying myself one with my flesh which is not supposed to be anymore. I have been living both in spirit and in flesh that is why I am easily swayed by stuff. Things are unstable. My life was very emotional.

The Lord told me that I should live in the spirit which means having my solid identity as a spirit who is identical or one with Jesus and is directly connected with the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit.

Kaya siguro sinasabing si Jesus ay ang Solid Rock kung saan tayo magtatayo ng bahay. Not in sand. The house represents my identity and a place where I abide. So when rain comes, alam ko na no matter what happens, I am holy, righteous, forgiven, and loved by God.

This would mean that my judgment about myself should change drastically. And it did!

Kasi God will not force us to live according sa spirit. I still need to decide. I still need to change the way I see myself. For it is not Jesus who will build the house but me. It will not be Jesus who will decide who I will be. It is in my own authority. My own Free will.

And my whole life shall be determined by how I see or judge myself. If I see myself in the flesh, I see myself horrible. I might live having a fear of people seeing this horrible side of me. So I might fear them. And I might live a most miserable life. I might not walk the life that God destined me to walk.

If I see myself based on how He sees me, a spirit identical to His Son, I will walk in His confidence. The devil knows that criticisms get the best of me. So when the devil throws at me criticisms through myself and through others, that I am horrible, that I am this and that. I will say to the devil, I AM A SPIRIT! I AM HOLY, RIGHTEOUS AND LOVED BY THE LORD JESUS! GET OUT OF MY FACE, SATAN!

This will change everything. This is the revealed meaning of walking/living according to the spirit, to have a solid foundation of my identity in Christ for in Christ, there is no condemnation. I will sin and make mistakes because I still live in a flesh. But see, my spirit is saved and forgiven. If I repent and ask for forgiveness, I am sure I will get it because this is what Jesus did for my spirit. This is the benefit of my spirit.

And yes, I am a spirit.

Abba Father,

Thank you that you are not a silent God. Thank you that in times of my distress, you will speak words that will save me from myself, from the condemnation of the evil one. To you, O Lord, be the highest glory and honor. Truly, you are a living God.

Thank you for reminding me that I am a spirit and my identity is founded on a Solid Rock, your lovable Son, Jesus.

In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen.

P.S.

Want to know more about your spirit? Read the best-selling book throughout history. It is basically a spirit book. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment