Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Arrogant Igan Bus Conductor of Las Piñas

May, 17, 2011, I was waiting for a bus at J. Rizal, near Zapote area early morning. This Igan blue bus was the first bus in sight. The conductor said there are still seats so I went in. I sat down, of course. He came near me. I paid twenty.

Tinanong niya’ko “Sa’n galing?”

Sabi ko “J.Rizal ”

Siya “Sang J.Rizal?”

Ako “Galing J.Rizal papuntang Baclaran.”

Siya (medyo pasigaw) “Anung J.Rizal?”

Halos pasigaw at biglang sobrang nairita kong sinagot “ZAPOTE!”

Bad mood? U-huh! Rewind, rewind. Last night, after I met up with Jesus, I slept early hoping to have a rest. Kaso in my dreams, I was so busy that when I woke up, I was not really able to rest. So you can say, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Back to the blank-blank conductor……I immediately realized that that was all of a sudden. I did not mean to shout. I was just easily irritated. And also, after having back a sound mind, I realized that there was a misunderstanding. There is a J.Rizal street before the J.Rizal I passed through. So when he asked me anung J.Rizal, he was expecting for “una” or “pangalawa” na sagot.

Then. I immediately told this to Jesus. I told Him “Lord, didn’t he see me just enter? Why are there people who don’t think well in their work? (highly revised from the original context)”

But siempre, I did repent. Still, there was a side of me that wanted to argue. Then when we reached Coastal Mall, he told a new passenger to sit down at pinahabulan pa ng “kaya nga may upuan eh.” Yung pisi ko ng pasensya, parang napiktal. Tuk!

“LOOOOOORD!” (silently siempre)

During these moments, I remind myself that I am a Christian, pero hindi ko ginawa that time. I actually told the Lord “Lord, it is not easy to love the unlovable.”

I was thinking that that arrogant conductor of an igan bus at Las Piñas City should know his place. He should be serving the passenger because WE PAY FOR THEIR SALARY!!!!!!!!!! I was so mad. I was, grrrrrrrr. These kind of conductors are worthy of the 500 Peso-Bill Punishment. Magdusa siya kakahanap ng panukli sa limang-daan! (Thank God wala akong limang daan kanina)

One of the things I appreciate with my God is the grace of allowing me to argue with Him or debate with Him. And I love the Lord for always beating me in the end. He truly is wise and awesome!

So siempre, my beloved Lord will deal with that conductor Himself. Because let’s get real, that was rude.

However, all He actually cares about is me. When we have these kinds of thoughts when we get offended, we are the one hurt not the one who offended us. It is a poison that we drank. So Jesus cared more for me because I was about to drink this poison of offense.

Anyway, after I lost the argument with God, I was waiting for a rebuke from Him. I was happy He somehow did. I even asked Him “Lord, if that was You, how would you react?” Will Jesus shout out and rebuke the demon that influenced him? Will He say “I forgive you?” Or will Jesus just walk out?

He told me that it was an issue of pride. “The conductor’s pride?” I’ll deal with him.”

“So, My pride?” (silence)…..We all know what that means. Silence means…

“He should know his place” meant I was putting myself higher than that arrogant conductor of an igan bus at Las Piñas who….nevermind. At that point, I just surrendered.

“Yes, Lord. I was wrong….”

Then a verse came in my mind. “Submit yourself to one another.”

That was the lesson for the day. That conductor was the one in charge over the passengers. I should learn to just submit and obey the conductor and in my heart say that he is just doing his job.

If something happens to that guy who stood, it will be the driver and the conductor who will be reliable. Plus, the conductor dude is probably dealing with his own issues in life.

Not all who are in-charge have a nice attitude. The best thing we can probably do is to acknowledge their authority and submit to them. I do wish the Lord will always remind me to be like this especially in times when COMMON SENSE is overlooked (bagay na nagpapapintig sa tainga ko).

When I reached MRT Ayala, the Lord told me what He would do. He told me that He will just smile and sit down.

Abba Father,

In times of great irritation and great self-defense, may you remind me of who you want me to be as your bride. May you always remind me to surrender to You or to die from myself (my worries, hurries, opinions) everyday. If a conductor tells me to sit and then tell me that the chairs are used for that, please help me smile a good and pure smile like you would. Not an evil (I-earn-more-than-you) smile. Because I know You know ayokong pinipilosopo ako, except You, of course. You my beloved Lord is the only exception. =)

This training is hard but this is all for Your glory, my Lord. I am being molded to the image of your Son and honestly, it ain’t easy. But as I surrender, I know I will just learn everyday to surrender and to submit myself to You first and those in charge.

In the most wonderful name of Jesus. Amen.

P.S.

Lord, palitan niyo po sana ang pisi kong madaling mapiktal ng lubid na gawa sa braided na alambre.

2 comments:

  1. You remind me of me. I am still praying for patience, and will probably keep praying for the same till the Lord takes me home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IGAN Bus is really nakakainis and nakakairita. Even the owners, we know them. Napakabastos and walang manners. OMG! Even me, everytime na sasakay ako diyan, parang palaging naghahamon 'yung mga staffs nila. Then we complained about a driver sa mismong office. Then, I was so shocked na kinampihan pa ng owners 'yung driver niya na muntik nang makasagasa. Nakakainis. Super galit na galit ako sa mga amo nila. Super sama ng ugali! Hmmp.

    ReplyDelete