Monday, June 6, 2011

Something For Those Who Believe 7

Do you believe in the spirit world? You better, or you are fighting on the wrong ground.

“Missing Key: Leaning Not on Our Own Understanding”

Sa totoo lang, mahirap gawin ito. We feel so secure in depending on the knowledge we know about life. We always say that this is how it will go. This is how it will turn out. This is ‘based on my experience.’ Nothing is wrong with relying on our own knowledge. It’s just that when we get used to it, we close ourselves to a lot of other new possibilities.

Alam ko to dahil ako ito. I’m the type of person who totally relies on what I know or what I foresee. Kaya when things don’t happen the way I expect it to happen, I just get really pissed and frustrated.

I am used to depending on myself. I am not used to trusting God in all my ways YET. It is a learning process. I believe it is a learning process for all of us. This trait of mine hinders me from discovering the genuine God. Leaning on our own understanding limits us in knowing fully the real God of heaven and earth.

Wag nating kalimutan na our minds are very limited. God is too big for us to figure out. If eternity is not enough to figure out God, what more us… I like the song “greatness of our God.”

And no sky contains

No doubt restrains

All you are

The greatness of our God

I spend my life to know

And I’m far from close

To all you are

The greatness of our God

If we try to understand God based on our understanding, we will never know Him. If we limit our understanding of God based on what the bible describes Him, we will never know the real God. If you notice, even the Bible itself suffers lack of words in describing the awesomeness of God.

All I’m saying is that we should not put God in a box. God can do great and mighty things far beyond what our minds can comprehend. He can answer our prayers in unimaginable ways.

It’s a matter of trust. I’m also talking to myself because I am having a hard time trusting God in certain matters. Nasanay nako na dumepende sa sarili ko. But I know God can do more and I know I should learn to trust God.

So how do we put Him in a box? Through our expectations. We pray to God. And in our minds, we already have an idea of how he will answer our prayers. That’s a clear example of putting God in a box. Hindi utusan si Lord, right? May sarili siyang utak. May sarili siyang pag-iisip. May sarili siyang will. Madalas kung anong nasa isip Niya, yun ang salungat ng nasa isip natin.

Tapos ang nangyayari madalas, nagkakasalisi. Without us knowing, God has already answered our prayers and we become bitter and mad at God dahil hindi nasagot yung prayer natin the way we expect God to answer it.

We should not expect God to act using human ways. We should expect God to act supernaturally because that’s what He is, a supernatural God. Our minds comprehend the natural, not the supernatural. That’s why we tend to think naturally, kasi yun ang naiintindihan natin. We are naturally prisoners of logic.

God is a supernatural God. And what’s supernatural, we barely understand unless God reveals to us Himself. The things of the Spirit are supernatural. He speaks through dreams. Joseph the dreamer is a dream interpreter. Kung mapapansin mo, the dream that pharaoh had cannot be understood easily. Maski yung wise men niya hindi kayang mai-interpret yun. It takes a spirit-led man to interpret the things of the Spirit. A dream can be a thing of the Spirit. God speaks through dreams kaya it might be better to write a journal of the things you dream about. Hindi man mainterpret agad, at later time, it will be.

Example, the death of my lola was revealed to me through a dream.

The dream started with an earthquake. My family is in the house. And I saw the floor break. But all inside the house were safe.

After lola’s death was the only time I understood the meaning of the dream which I wrote. I know it was kinda pointless but, it just proved to me the God already told me this. It’s just that I didn’t care to ask for further interpretation. The interpretation is this.

The house represents myself. There’s gonna be a major event in my life that will break me. But none of me shall fall.

In addition, before the shaking in my life happened, God had a word for me. He told me this ‘ the enemy is at the door. He will come but he shall not succeed.’

The enemy did attack me through the sadness and depression I felt. Honestly, no one did console me. Those people I expected to comfort me did not. But God did and He led me to victory. The enemy did not win. Obviously, he lost. The only time he will win is if I backslide as a Christian. But I didn’t, praise God!

I know it pissed the enemy. Kaya nga after it, I had a dream of a tricycle driver who was mad at me. He told me na “babalikan kita.” I got the feeling that he has four more companions when he gets back. The Lord interpreted the dream to me. He said that the enemy will have a double effort in gaining me for Satan. Because demons who failed their missions will get severe punishment from their master. Based on the experiences I am having now, I can say that devils assigned to me are doing their best to get me. Kaso, the more they try to mess with me, the more I cling to my Lord.

Speaking in tongues is supernatural. People do not believe in it because it seems strange. If that’s how they will think, then that’s what they will say to the other manifestations of God to the point of blasphemy. When we proclaim that the works of the Spirit are evil, we are already committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. And that’s the only unforgivable sin there is.

Leaning on our own understanding makes us close-hearted to prophets. We rarely believe that God really talked to them. We rarely believe on the Lord’s visitation to people because we do not welcome supernatural events. I wonder why people easily believe on ghosts and yet do not believe on the Holy Ghost and His works.

Naniniwala tayo sa mga sapi-sapi, yet kapag nasapian ng Espirito Santo, hindi tayo makapaniwala. The irony nga naman. Pwes eto, if you believe in ghosts, you better believe that these “ghosts” you see fear the Holy Ghost who have created them. And if these “ghosts” can manifest themselves, so can the Holy Ghost.

People who don’t believe in the supernatural are those who won’t experience them. If you are a Christian, whether you like it or not, you are living a supernatural life. The problem is, some do not acknowledge it. Some do not operate in it.

Stop rebuking the devil. Ain’t gonna work if you do not believe in the supernatural. Para ka lang nagrerebuke ng hangin. The devil knows the place you are rebuking him. Are you rebuking him in the flesh or in the spirit? In the normal or in the supernatural?

We all need to activate our spiritual senses. When we got born again, we now have ten senses. We need to activate the spiritual ones because we are in a spiritual warfare. A spiritual warfare cannot be battled by flesh or by mere quotes from the Bible without fully understanding what we say. It is battled through the spirit and in the Spirit.

Complacency kills. If you are complacent about your salvation, be very careful. The devil can deceive you and snatch you to himself. If you do not operate in the spirit, you will be easily deceived. We are in the end times. The devil is making a very huge effort to deceive even the elect, if possible. But the elect are those who are spiritually aware and are spiritually intimate with Jesus.

The kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom. The supernatural world has a lot of things that we humans will not understand. That’s why we trust on the One who made the supernatural world. He created it and functions through it. Miracles that take place do not originate in the physical realm but in the spiritual.

God is just too big for our minds to comprehend. Trust Him and lean not on your own understanding, nor on the understanding of others. Let not logic imprison you. Logic has been broken by God ever since. Logic is man-made. Even scientists are having a hard time understanding the universe with plain logic.

When you make a study about the kingdom principles, you will find out that a lot of them are nonsense in the physical realm. Most of the time, God uses the nonsense to bring down the proud and the haughty. Only to those who love God does He reveal the wisdom behind the nonsense.

In Christianity you will find the greatest nonsense reversals ever. Like

· The first will be the last and the last will be the first

· Christianity promotes peace but it teaches warfare

· Virgin gives birth

· The who are alive are dead but those who are now dead are made alive

· The rich is poor but the poor is made rich

· Those who can see are blind but those who are blinded can see

· In this world, great is the proud and high. In God, great is the humble and lowly

· Love your enemies

· We were given back our freedom to be slaves of righteousness

· Etc

I hope you get my point. Reading this in a human level will not get you anywhere. These are all nonsense to human logic. But in the spirit, these nonsense make the most perfect sense.

This is who our God is. You got to believe it.

Abba,

Help me not lean on my own understanding. Help me trust you more by being open to ways that I do not understand. Release me from logic’s grasp. May your wisdom fill me and may you activate my spiritual senses so that I can receive and understand the things of the Spirit.

In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

2 comments: