Sunday, April 24, 2011

Life

What is life? Life is basically the spirit that enables one to respond to anything. Hindi necessary na may power of choice, just the ability to respond sa kahit ano.

Life can be defined in so many ways. But for me, this definition encompasses all other definitions.

Anything that cannot respond is basically dead. Subukan mong magsabi ng”hi” sa bato and wait if the stone will say “hello” back to you. If a person who is physically alive or breathing but he/she cannot respond to anything you say to him/her is no different to a dead person.

These past few weeks, I am contemplating on human life, on how short it is. Para tayong bulaklak – kumikinang sa kagandahan nang saglit, pagkatapos nalalanta agad. It makes me wonder why my God is so much considerate after my life that is really of no significance.

My life is like a minute particle of sand on a seashore. Why then does my God say that He esteem this small thing? Kung iisipin natin, God is so big, so powerful, so majestic and yet He says He cares for this small thing we have.

Para siyang tao, ako parang langgam. He could have just stepped on me so that I will not be an annoyance in His sight, then forget that I ever existed. Who am I to be regarded by the Most High? Who am I to be esteemed by the creator of all?

I am just like any ordinary person, struggling to survive, mingling with other peeps. I am, like everyone else, someone who tries to work my way up to gain recognition from men. I make mistakes. I make the most stupid decisions. I say the most murdering words. Yet, my God says my life is precious to Him.

It is as if He is saying He put a particle of sand in a beautiful frame and displayed it on the most beautiful wall of His house where everyone can see it. Then He labels it “Ryan’s Life – My Precious Gem.” Why?

Why did my God sent His only son to die for a particle of sand? Is that sand worth this pricey payment? Why is my God so desperate after me? What is so lovable in my character? I cannot see it.

Yes, I cannot see it at all. I do not get the thinking of God. I do not get my God at all. He says He loves me yet I cannot find anything so lovable.

If there’s anyone who knows myself best, it should be me. Yet my God says He knows me more. And He tells me that He loves me. I don’t get Him at all.

However, my spirit in me needs not to understand the depth of God’s love. It will take me forever to know the fullness of His love. I just know that I need that love so badly. I just know that that love brought me up from my lowly condition. I just know that one way or another, I cannot function without that love. I just know that that love has the power to restore me after being beaten up by life every day. That love sustains me after being in a world where everything seems so cold. That love protects me from the murderous words of other people.

I need love. I need God. Such precious thing – His love for the life of an ant, of a flower, of a small sand particle.

For God so loved me that He sent His only Son so that if I believe in Him, I shall not die but have an everlasting life.

What is life?

Life is the spirit that enables one to respond to anything. Life is the ability to respond to God. Life is the ability to love God back.

Now it makes sense why God esteems this unworthy life of mine. For as a father yearns for the love of his sons and daughters, so does God yearn for the love of His creations.

To be able to respond to Him and love Him back gives the Father much joy.

To be able to respond to Him and love Him back brings out tears of gladness from the eyes of the Father.

Jesus said that He died for those tears. He died for the smile of His Father. That if He can only die again, He would for the joy of His Father. I envy this love. What an incomparable love!

What then is the joy of the Father? It is my life being able to respond to Him and love Him back with all that I have.

The life of His Son in exchange for our life in Him – nothing can ever beat this.

I always say to myself “if only people would try to acknowledge this love, if only they experience this kind of love, they would exchange this for the world. ”

Lord,

Thank you for the life you have given me, thank you for the ability to respond to your hi’s and hello’s, thank you for giving me the ability to see your love for Me and the ability to love you back wholly.

This life that you have gifted me is all I have. This time that I have left, is all I have of worth. I offer it to you, my God, it’s less than you deserve.

For your glory and joy, I place it on your hands. And now I say to you, I love you, Abba. I love you Jesus. I love you Holy Spirit. I am yours forever.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Now this….is LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment