Friday, April 8, 2011

Kilig Factor


This Might Help series is a series of articles that might help you in your pursuit of God. I don’t say na what I wrote is all you need. Kaya nga the title is as it is. The bible is always the best book na binabasa para makilala natin si God through Jesus Christ together with the Holy Spirit to the max.

The purpose of this series is to share to people how God is now revealing Himself to me na just in case na may nagbabasa ng articles, it might help them as much as it helped me.

But before I continue to part 3, I want to write about why do some people seek God. I find it useless to read the This Might Help series if I am really not interested in knowing God. Or why will I be interested in knowing God? What will make me spend my time researching or reading about the Lord? Why nga ba?

The best answer I can give you is my own.

Ang magandang love story ay laging nagsisimula sa kilig and is maintained by kilig. I don’t know if this applies to all situations pero in my view, I think this is usually the case.

Anu ba ang kilig? I don’t know how to exactly say it pero it’s that feeling of over excitement (???)…I don’t know…pero you usually feel it when someone does to you something creative that you don’t expect and it touches your heart so badly to the point of holding your breath for a long time, blushing or weakening of immune system and then you lose out of control.

Nawawala ang kilig factor if you know exactly what the guy or the girl is gonna do, or it is not creative or it just don’t touch your heart that much. We can say that kilig is subjective. Kilig is personal. May mga bagay na nagpapakilig sa isang tao na hindi nagpapakilig sa’yo. Diba tama?

Kilig indicates the start of something new and exciting. Kilig is like a hook to a relationship with another person. Diyan nagsisimula ang pakiramdam of longing or wanting to know more about the other person.

I have a good orientation about kilig because I write love stories. And most love stories I write starts with a kilig factor. And an encounter (or a series of encounters) between the lovers need/s to take place first bago ang kilig kung meron man.

Ang weird kaya kung kinikilig ka when you just hear of a guy or a girl’s name. You need to at least have a glimpse of the person man lang bago ka kiligin.

This kilig thingie has been the hook of my relationship with the Lord. This kilig factor is one of the reasons why I continuously seek my God.

My love story with the Lord began when a dear professor of mine published her first book. Nagkaron ng soft launch ang book niya sa isang Christian church and she asked me to go there to claim my free copy. So pumunta ako doon and I planned to just get my copy and leave. Kaso pagdating ko sa church, there was an on-going service and she asked me to just sit down and listen to the speaker.

Hinding-hindi ko makakalimutan ang title ng sermon: oneness with Christ. Taon ng 2008, hindi pa ako believer, I was taught how to become right with God. Why do I want to be right with God? Baka hindi niya sagutin ang prayers ko if I am a sinner. Baka i-send niya ako sa hell. I was scared of going there. I don’t wanna go there. Eh, sino bang may gustong pumunta dun?

When I heard the speaker preach, he was speaking not on how-to-become-right but for the first time in my life, I heard a preaching on I-already-am-right in Christ.

I was like “ Anu? Jesus and I are one? Dahil righteous si Jesus, righteous rin ako? Say whuut? Are you freak’n insane?”

My plan was ruined because I stayed and finished the service. I got my copy and I felt surprisingly good. This is the truth that they preached and I felt I wanted to hear more. This is too different from what I was taught. SOBRA!

That point, I encountered God. That time, kinilig nako. The preaching was totally unexpected. I did not ever ever thought of being one with God. I was taught that God is always higher, sitting on His throne, doing His job and I’m a lowly human who should follow what He commands me.

Hindi ko pa na-rereceive si Jesus as my Lord and Savior nun. That time, I felt like a kargador na hirap na hirap magbuhat ng mabigat na sako para magkapera tapos nalaman kong meron na palang taong kumarga ng mabigat na sako para hindi na ako mahirapan at kikita pa ako ng mas malaki.

Kaya I decided to go to that church every Sunday to find out more. Para akong babaeng visit ng visit sa facebook ng lalakeng nagpapakilig sa kanya. Until hindi ko na namalayan, I almost finished one year going to that church.

From that day on, I have been seeking God for more revelations of Himself. Kasi, as I get to know Him more, the advantages and good surprises of having a God and loving Him is slowly manifesting.

So why did I start seeking God?

Kinilig ako, the first time I met Him. I find Him totally unexpected and surprisingly good. He is an out-of-the-box creative thinker. He brings me to heights and depths where never in my monotonous life did I dream of or even just thought of going. He keeps me amazed, surprised throughout my life. I love it when he breaks my day plans and ends up having a better and more exciting day.

Alam naman ninyo na I am a good planner but not a good executor. Umaga palang, I know what I am suppose to do throughout the day. And this self-centered habit of mine made my life so predictable and boring. My life had no kilig factor at all.

Then God came and everything changed. Sa una, He never fail to frustrate me because He always meddle with my plans. However, I enjoyed my life with the Lord because of that. Ngayon, I’m starting to get use to it. God is so cool. He keeps me in a kilig mode with His manifestations in my life.

And as I seek God, marami pa akong nalalaman about Him and I am realizing na kailangang-kailangan ko siya sa lahat ng area ng buhay ko.

If you are to ask other Christians why they seek their God, they will tell you different stories. Pwedeng when he needed a healing, God healed him. Or she was in need of money and there was an unexpected stranger who gave her the exact amount. How I would love to hear that our kababayans encounter God through this blog. I encountered God while reading the websites on the Try Niyo To Dali section.

But all these can be summarized to this: we seek God because deep inside us, we know that we know that we know, we need Him.

A guy seeks a girl (or vice versa) because he knows that he “needs” that other person.

Hanggat hindi mo narerealize na kailangan mo si Lord, you will never search for Him, you will not spend time to know Him and of course, you will never love Him.

God desires for a personal encounter with each and every one of us. Hanggat hindi na-eexperience ng isang tao ang isang personal encounter with God (just like mine), hindi magkakaroon ng desire to know Him more.

If you don’t desire for God, maybe what you need is a personal encounter from Him. God wants to be your personal God. He is our Abba Father. Just as a father is naturally close to his kids and vice versa, so are we with Him supposedly.

Yes, He is King, He is creator of all. He is Most High. But God wants to be very close in my heart and yours. Di ba nga sabi sa bible, God knows the number of hair we have in our heads.

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:7

God is that personal! I bet even your mom doesn’t know kung ilang buhok meron tayo sa ulo.

God is seeking for a personal relationship. In fact, he wants to be the number one in anyone’s heart. Ganun ka-close. Even closer than your parents or your partner or your spouse.

I can boldly write that yes, you need God. I dare you. If you ask God for a personal encounter, He will show up. It might be instant or in the future but He will not hide Himself from you anymore. Just ask. Just ask Him for a personal encounter.

If you think you need a God, just call upon His name. He will show up surely.

He probably has shown up a lot of times in your life, you just have not acknowledged. It’s not too late, dudes and gals. It’s not too late. Just speak the magic words, He’ll put you in kilig mode.

Ready? I just want you to pray this short prayer. Hindi lang sa isip, speak this prayer out.

Abba Father,

I want to have a personal encounter with you. Jesus, I want to have a personal encounter with you. Meet with me, My God. You said in your word that whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Lord, I call upon you now. I need you…big time. Don’t delay. Come, Lord Jesus.

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

How to identify an encounter? It is possible that you literally encounter God in the spirit. Or, It is an event in your life (situations, trials, gatherings, etc.) where deep inside, you know it was God or God was so close or God had something to do with it. And there was a sudden change. A hunger for Him has been born. Let Him surprise you as He did to me. Trust me when I say, He knows what makes you kilig.

No comments:

Post a Comment