Monday, October 24, 2011

Healing in Jesus Himself

This entry is dedicated to a friend who had been asking prayers from us. 

His call for prayers made me remember that unforgettable moment of my life. The memories are still fresh. I can still recall that particular scene where my lola was still in the hospital

Mag-iisang taon na rin when the Lord shook my house. If you have been following this blog, yung pinaka-una kong entry is about that experience –the event that led me closer to the Lord Jesus.

I was told to have FAITH. And I knew I did. I believed for healing. I even worked hard for a sideline I was doing that time kasi sa isip ko, the Lord will heal my lola. And the money I was to earn from the sideline job was to be used for the hospital bills.

I prayed. I cried out to God. I spoke life. But you know what happened.

Grew angry at myself. “You believed in vain. You should have spent time with her but you still chose to go to office, finish that sideline.”

Blamed myself. “ Maybe I wasn’t faithful enough? Maybe I did something wrong that God did not hear me? OR, maybe the word of God is false! “

Grew angry at God. Questioned His existence and His word. It was for a while…pero hindi ko Siya natiis.

My heart seemingly felt the agony that the Lord was feeling because of how I was acting. I have loved Him ever since we first met. And I felt bad being angry at Him.

So I reconciled with the Lord. Then I looked for answers.

I can prolong this entry with the things I researched regarding healing, reasons why people have unanswered prayer for healing. Yes, they are true. But I want to simplify it with just this:

If Jesus, Himself, is not the answer, then there is no answer. Not His works, Not His promises, Not His ministers but HIMSELF.

So to my brother, if ever you are reading this…

I want you to know that having just faith, praying for healing, and speaking life might not be enough to get your desired end. I have tried them. It didn’t work for me.

I do not want to encourage you with just plain words of prayer that you want to hear. And I also do not want you to go astray when things do not work out the way you prayed them to.  

Pero I can assure you one thing: the Lord Jesus desires to heal her.

Just like how He desired to heal my lola. But I did not let Him work because I did all the work – the work of praying for healing, the work of believing, and the work of speaking life. As godly as they may sound, without the Source, Himself, they are not gonna work!

That’s why now are the times when you need to seek Jesus more. Spend longer times with Him. Spend more time worshipping Him, especially with her and family. Most importantly, spend time with Him to listen so that you will know WHAT HE WANTS YOU TO DO to make His healing power manifest to her.

It is vital, brother, that you learn to hear words from God. I'm not talking about the written word but a personal word for you. Just as important it is for you to let go of her and put her under His care. Because surrendering her to God means you trust God.

How do you check if you have successfully surrendered her? You do not worry anymore about her. This is an act of allowing God to work. It’s hard, yes. Pero this can be achieved through unceasing prayer.

Lastly, know that whatever is the end result, it is part of the good plan that God has for you even though it doesn’t seem good at the present. And you will just say “Father, not my will but Your will be done for her.”

God loves you. God loves her.

I pray that you receive that specific word from God regarding her situation, for her healing and well-being, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. "You do not worry anymore about her . . ." those are the key words that I need to remember when I feel burdened by anything. Thank you for the reminder, Ryan.

    ReplyDelete