Thursday, March 31, 2011

This Might Help part 2



Naisulat ko sa previous entry that God created everything for Himself. This is very easy to say kung naniniwala tayo na sa simulang simula, there was nothing but only God. Lahat ng nilikha ay para kay Lord – the angels, spirits, and siempre, tayo.

We were created, in the beginning, to love only God. This was the original design. Para siyang natural law. It wasn’t written but it was followed nevertheless. Parang breathing. There is no law that man should breathe but we do it unconsciously for this is how we were designed.

Loving God is a universal law that was there with God in the beginning. He is, in fact, the law. We said that every word that comes from His mouth is the law. Check out this verse:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:1-3

And with His word, He organized everything in a perfect order. And with His word, the law, God maintains everything. He is a God of order.

Kaya nga we said in our previous entry, when we understand that God is love, we will understand the other aspects of God easier.

2. God is law because He is love. Loving God is the law of all creation.

This is a very important identity of God. I am keeping this in mind kasi natututo rin ako habang nagsusulat.

When there is law, there is judgment. That why God is also the Great Judge. He judges His creation based on this law – loving God.

Remember, nilikha ni God ang lahat para sa kanya. When we were still abiding by this law perfectly, we were for Him, we were His possessions, we were His.

But, every time creation breaks this law, we are destroying the very ground that we are standing on. And someone initiated in breaking this universal law. Hulaan niyo! Check out this verse.

12 How you have fallen from heaven,

morning star, son of the dawn!

You have been cast down to the earth,

you who once laid low the nations!

13 You said in your heart,

“I will ascend to the heavens;

I will raise my throne

above the stars of God;

I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,

on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.[a]

14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;

I will make myself like the Most High.”

15 But you are brought down to the realm of the dead,

to the depths of the pit. Isaiah 14: 12-15

You see, God did not create evil. Evil is merely the effect of disobedience to this ancient law. How did Lucifer transgressed against the law? he loved himself more than he loved the Most High.

Sa tingin niyo ba nagkaron pa ng mala-lord of the rings na battle sa heaven? Read this verse:

He (Jesus) replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.” Luke 10:18

His judgment, along with those that were with him, was as quick as a blink. Hindi pa nga niya sinasabi, iniisip palang niya tapos he fell.

And yup, you got it. The fall of man was because they disobeyed this law by believing what the serpent said.

4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Genesis 3:4-7

Adam and Eve chose to look at themselves where as in the beginning, they only saw God and loved God. When they ate the apple, their eyes were opened and then, they saw themselves.

May nagsabi na ba sa’yo ng green joke. Nung una, di mo magets. Tapos nung in-explain sa’yo parang ang pakiramdam, namulatan ka. Ganun rin siguro kena Adan at Eba.

God had to judge them. Breaking the law made us illegal inhabitants sa Eden. Yes, we were disowned by God because God created us only for Himself. If we are not for Him, we are against Him. In His kingdom, eto yung legal action to do. God bound Himself with His Word. We were not children of God anymore. Kaya Jesus said this:

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but He sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8: 42-47

Kasi apart from God, we can do no good thing. When we were driven out of His presence, it became natural to us to sin or disobey the law kaya we became sons and daughters of the enemy.

Forget not that the devil was not created by God. He was completely disowned when he broke the law. He was completely cut from the love of God because rebellion against the Most High is the worst sin a creature can commit.

But us, God loves more because we were like God, by looks and by nature. His very Spirit is in us. So our sentence was lighter.

By choice, we lost our oneness with God. BUT, that did not mean na hindi na ta’yo love ni God. His love for mankind is so deep that He did not leave Adam and Eve all by themselves.

Nagkahiwalay lang sila. But God watched over them like before because He loves them so much. He never left them, nor forsook them, even until now.

God is love, yes. But there is one thing God hates so much. As in sobra!

Have you lost a loved one because of a disease? Cancer? Tuberculosis?

I did. And the sickness is named Alzheimer’s. Oh, how I despise it. Nagpipintig ang tainga ko just hearing the name. I hate it. I despise it. I curse it because I love the person that it killed, I hate it so much.

God feels the same way. He hates sin. He despises sin. He curses sin. It is an abomination in His sight. Sin took you and me away from His presence. He abhors sin. And that’s why He punishes sin and anyone who chooses to identify with it. He hates sin, but He loves the sinner. The enemy, Satan, identifies with sin. I bet God hates snakes. He cursed snakes. God’s love for us is so deep that the things that separated us from Him, He abhors the most.

By this, knowing the ancient law, we understand why Jesus said this.

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him. “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

“ The most important one” answered Jesus, “is this: Hear, O Israel, the Lord your God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all you strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”Mark 12: 28-31

Loving only God is our purpose in life. Wag mo nang hanapin pa sa iba. This is what we were made for.

Sa totoo lang, loving only God is not an easy thing to do, especially if we do it by ourselves. We have been accustomed to the ways of this world and I admit, I still have some areas in my life where I love the world more than God. Lahat naman yata tayo.

Kaya nga we seek Him so that we can find Him. How can we love God if we do not know and confirm that He loves us? For us to love God in spirit and in truth, we first need to know Him and His love for us. After all, it’s not about our love for Him, it’s about His love for us. Love only begets love.

Loving Him should not be a have-to but rather a natural response to His love for us.

Let’s pray together:

Abba Father,

Thank you that even though we disobeyed the law of love, you did not cut us out from your love. Thank you that even though we are not able to follow this law completely, you still love us, you still watch over us. How great is your love, Lord God!

Forgive me for the times when I choose the love the world more than I love you. I know that you command us to follow your law because you know that by following it, we will live. I know Lord that you only want the best for us and only You can give that.

You are the God who loves but you are also the God who judges. I pray that you guide me all the way in seeking you. May you reveal yourself to me as I start this walk in my life.

This I pray in the wonderful name of Jesus, Amen!

Move to Part 3

1 comment: