Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Good News


It started when I received a text from my brother.

“Kuya, we have a BIG problem.”

I was at the office when I found out that we were under one major financial crisis.

Because of demonic influences, there had been an on-going misuse of family funds for the last few months. It was only that time (when my brother texted me) that the issue was made known.

I knew that my family was under attack. Satan wants to destroy my family and he used money (his most effective weapon to destroy relationships) to try to cut our ties. Anger broke out. Depression and tears filled the atmosphere of our house. Hatred and fear were largely present. Separation, even, was nearby.

Even I, at one point, felt them.

I honestly do not think I deserved to be involved in this mess. For me, it was unfair. I was doing what I can to be financially independent and capable. I was tithing. I was saving up. Why do I have to get involved in a mess I did not do?

“Truly, you don’t always get what you deserve.”

Life, sadly, is not just a bunch of rules that if you follow them correctly, your life is going to be problem-free.

I even thought this sad thing. I am close to the Lord and walks in His ways but what do I get from doing that? How was I different?

I am still human. Whatever I write in my blog is inspired by God Himself. But just by myself, I can’t. To be honest, I really think there’s nothing good in life. There’s no reason for me to wake up every morning and face another trial, problem or test. Life, for me, is black and white.

I tried to remind myself of the principles I learned while going to church, listening to preachers, studying the Word. But none of them was able to give me the faith that the Lord will help us. I lost that faith and almost believed that the Lord cannot help us. Why will the Lord care? Why will He help us in a mess we created ourselves? Wouldn’t He say to us “that’s what you deserve for not being wise and not being close to Me?” I just don’t know why the God of heavens would even care.

Then the Lord texted me.

“When all else fails, go back to the Gospel.”

The Gospel, in simple terms, is this: We were under God’s wrath because of our sins. So He sent His only son, Jesus, to die for us so that the power of sin is broken. We are now reconciled with God. He is not angry with us anymore. Not only that, He rose up on the third day and was seated on the right hand of the Father so that we who believe will be made like Him. Out of our sinful ways, we are now free to live for the Lord.

I meditated on these simple words day and night while going through. What is the power of sin? Sin gave my family depression, hatred, hopelessness, faithlessness, and separation. Separation….

Christ died so that my family will have a strong bond free from all these negativity. Christ died for my family’s salvation. Christ died TO PAY OUR DEBTS.

Lo, and behold, faith came like a mighty rushing wind. Hope was in the air once again. What I am praying for, GOD ALREADY ANSWERED THROUGH WHAT JESUS DID! I have a reason to believe that GOD WILL HELP. I have a foundation that SURELY, HELP WILL COME because it HAS BEEN GIVEN.

So I declared, I decreed:

“By the virtue of what Jesus did on the cross, I decree HEALING OF RELATIONSHIP, RESTORATION OF TRUST, AND DIVINE PROVISION to come to my family in Jesus’ name. I rebuke you, Satan! Get behind me and far from my family. You shall not break the ties that the Lord Jesus died for. You shall not touch our finances for the Lord died to give us divine provision. I command angels to deliver to me what the Father has already provided. Now I’m giving you the work you are waiting for. In Jesus' Name. SO BE IT!”

I realized that this is the difference of loving and serving God. This is the difference of one simple believer. God’s love made all the difference. And out of this love, I was able to preach (text) the message to my dad, my mom and my brother. When they were hopeless, I was filled with hope and faith.

I texted my brothers and sisters in Christ, messaged them on facebook to pray for me for I believe in the power of corporate prayer.

After a few days, my dad texted me.

“Anak, you are right. This family is too precious to be broken by mere money. Money can be earned again but this family cannot. This family shall remain. I will do something about the money matter. Thank God for you, anak. ”

Tears broke out of my eyes.

“ Lord Jesus, if ever you are reading my blog, I give you all praise, thanksgiving, and honor and love. You are faithful even if we are not. I bless you. Truly, you are worthy of everything I have. I give it all to you. It is not of worth, but it’s everything I have got.”

And I say this again:

“Truly, we do not always get what we deserve.” We do not deserve Christ but Christ died for us, loved us while we were still sinners. Such amazing love!

“Lord, thank you for my brothers and sisters in faith who prayed for me. I don’t deserve them yet you gave them to me. Let their names be kept secret only for you to know. I pray that you sandwhich them with every earthly and spiritual blessings.In Jesus name. Amen.”

“ Lord, I told before that nothing in life is good. But now, you gave me a reason to wake up every morning. You bring color back in to my life. You shall be the reason I meet and greet a new day every day.”

And when all else fails, go back to the Gospel, the Good news of the kingdom, that is Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior of men.

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jews first and also for the Gentiles. Romans 1:16



P.S. I can now text back to my brother the good news:
“Bro, we may have a BIG problem, but we have a BIGGER GOD.”

4 comments:

  1. Amen! HE is ALMİGHTY...All mighty to solve, all mighty to save, all mighty to provide, all mighty to thwart the devil's schemes. All mighty and gracious and loving and always willing to give us a second chance. All mighty to restore relationships and repair broken hearts. Ryan, may God's all mighty love keep you and your family in His peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Ms. Yay! The Lord has once again moved mightily before us. HE IS ALMIGHTY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still teary-eyed as I write this. Yes, Ryan, ". . . we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28 (NLT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Ms. G. I've been through a lot this month but surely, no sin can ever restrain the goodness of God from coming to me. Ms. Yay, you and I are so blessed to share the same Lord who values us three more than His own life. Praise be to God!

    ReplyDelete