Monday, June 18, 2012

Thank You


Dear God,

My family’s life isn’t exactly how I prayed it to be. My dad is still far off – sacrificing intimacy with us to provide for the whole family. Two of us, Nanay Pining and Tito Genie, left this world so soon. In truth, we are still a broken family – broken by hatred, unforgiveness and selfishness.

But as we celebrate my mom and dad’s silver anniversary, I wish to stop looking at what’s visible and instead, just simply thank You.

Thank You, that after 25 years, we are still complete, though not together. 

Thank You for appointing me to Rudy & Luzviminda Rotor. I don’t think any other couple can do a great job in raising me up in sweet and tender love.

Thank You, Lord, that you provided us a decent living, though not rich. We have enough food, good education, warm clothing and a blessed home.  

Thank You for giving us the gift of people. My lolo, lola, and my other relatives are a blessing to us.

This life may not be exactly how I prayed it to be, but this life will never change the fact that You are and will always be God and You will always be good. There is always a reason to thank you.

That is why I thank you, well…for You. =)

I thank you that…. (*sings) I have You, You have me , we’re one happy family! =)

I thank You for Jesus through whom we enjoy the favor, grace and mercy You are richly giving us. If I may say so, You, Lord, have an adorable son. He is precious to me. 

Lord, I can give You nothing in return except the remaining time I have on earth. 

I love You so so much…and thank You.

Love,
Rye

4 comments:

  1. May I sing one of my favorite hymns for you, Rye? (The voice is not great, but the thought is):

    Though the skies be gray above me
    And I can't see the light of day,
    There's a ray breaking through the shadows,
    And His smile can't be far away.
    Thank God for the promise of springtime,
    Once again my heart will sing;
    There's brand new day that is dawning
    Thank God for the promise of spring.

    Please congratulate your dad and mom for me. Hope to meet the wonderful parents who raised a wonderful son, whose heart beats for Jesus, someday.

    Blessings,
    Ms. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though the earth looks bleak and barren
    And the seeds they’re brown and dead
    But the promise of life grows within them
    And I know spring is just ahead
    Thank God for the promise of springtime
    Once again my heart will sing
    There’s a brand new day a-dawning
    Thank God for the promise of spring

    This is such a nice song. Thank you po, Ms. G! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family! And you have such tender-hearted affection for them and for what God is doing in your lives. He promised to save everyone in a household with just someone believing. God has been good to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their salvation is a hope I have in the Lord. My dream is to worship the Lord in spirit and in truth together with them. Thank you ms. Yay! =D

      Delete