Sunday, May 20, 2012

Unknowingly Fasting

The Lord had revealed to me that for the two years (and counting) that I have been in my present company, I have been fasting unknowingly.

It was part of God's plan to put me in an office where I work from Mondays to Saturdays. It is a work that is far from our house that when I get home, I am too tired to do anything else. It is a work with a dictator boss and a place where you have no choice but to submit. 

Things did not work out my way. Wasn't able to draw. Wasn't able to do my stuff. Not much movies. Not much hangouts. 

But surprisingly, things worked out for God concerning me.

I became intimately close to Christ. 
A bad habit (which I thought I will have forever) was broken. A stronghold is being destroyed. 
My roots of rejection and rebellion are being dealt with. 
I was given vision to see what's really going on around.
Towers of fears are vanquished.
And many more.

So I encourage everyone not to despise the inconvenience brought to you by your obedience to the Lord. I also encourage everyone to have an everyday life of fasting and abstinence. It doesn't necessarily have to be on food or water. It can mean less feeding of self desires, leaving you more time with God. Partnered with a prayer time a day, I guarantee excellent results! 

Remember: This is something you have to do out of love. If it is not in your heart to do it yet, pray that it may be.

God bless you all in Jesus' name!

2 comments:

  1. Ryan, God's ways are mysterious, huh. But that's why we can claim that God works out all things for the good of those who believe in Him. Haha, His sandpaper really worked! Let's just pray those sandpapers are not that nasty. He will of course give us the grace to endure the sandpapering. God bless Ryan! It's good to read your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ms. yay. i sometimes feel ashamed of complaining a lot to God not knowing that He's truly working things out for me. We are so blessed to be His children. =D

    ReplyDelete